Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Year = New Adventures

SOOOOOO, I am real nervous right now because I just bought my first internatioanl flight. I am going to Costa flipping Rica this summer, by myself. "What the hell were you thinking?"...you may be asking yourself this question...well to be honest I am not entirely sure that I was, but I am confident that I am going to have an adventure. To explain how I got to point of booking a flight at 11:24 pm on a wednesday night might help those of you who know me in understanding why I made such a brash decision. Well, it goes little something like this....at Lola happy hour on Monday a friend asked if I was going this summer, to which I replied "NO" and then began listing off a bunch of reasons why...I made them sound legit, though I knew that it was fear that held me back from doing what I really wanted to do. After expressing some of those fears I realized that, though they are in fact real fears, they didn't represent the reasons for going...LIBERATION, FREEDOM, GROWTH.

I am going and I couldn't be more excited/nervous about the whole endeavor. This trip represents a chapter in my life that reveals my character flaws and strengths, and hope for adventure. YAY!! I will keep an update on how I feel about the whole thing but for now, I feel like a dangerous woman...watch out world I am coming to get ya.

2 comments:

J. Lo said...

You are awesome. And hilarious. Why didn't you mention this when you talked to me AN HOUR BEFORE? I can't wait to hear more about it!

Janette said...

You should see when Leslie will be back in CR... That would be awesome if you ladies were able to meet up!