Monday, September 21, 2009

Threes Company...what about four.

There are some of us who remember the t.v show Threes Company, and we have all heard the statement "two's company, three's a crowd". My question is why aren't their any shows or comments about fours. I think that four is a divine number, here's the logic. I live with three other girls and it is working out for us, yes it might be a little crowded and yes it might be a little messier and yes we might have more arguments but...BUT the laughter is louder, the rent a lot cheaper, the friendships are richer, the memories are unforgettable and lastly life is a little closer to true. I say this only because I continue to get flack from people about our decision to live four peeps to a two bed, two bath. It sounds like a reality show gone haywire but the truth of the matter is that it is character building...and who doesn't want that? There are moments when I climb into my lofted bed in the 808 and wonder what the hell I got myself into, but then I remember almost peeing my pants from laughing too hard or being able to cry about a shitty day only to be encouraged by my friend. So I say to nay-sayers, get some more roommates welcome the good, the bad and the ugly, chances are you will have learned something about people, about yourself and your ability to be with people, and hopefully you will have peed your pants once. I say bring it on, I am ready for iron to sharpen iron, I am ready for the memory of the days when I lived in South Denver with 3 great girls during the recession.

peace, love and community,
APK

3 comments:

Caleb and Amy said...

during the recession?? HA! but, preach it, sister. i LOVE this.

J. Lo said...

Seriously. What the hell have we gotten ourselves into? I love your face.

j said...

is there still room for a feather bed on the floor and one more?!? i can make you pee your pants!!

promise!