Saturday, September 3, 2011

Low expectations, High hopes

This past week a great opportunity was presented to me, a job opportunity to work with a company that would work with 14 schools in the Denver Public Schools. Up until this point I had decided that I was going to put off the teaching career till next fall, at which point I would take a four month trip abroad to see 8 countries. I was excited at the possibility of travel, adventure and independence. But as life would have it, and it always gets it way, I interviewed with SportXcel yesterday and I might be pursuing a teaching job after all. It has happened real quickly and I am obviously excited about the opportunity. I am particularly excited because it will also allow me to keep my other two jobs(kinda) and allow me the opportunity to still travel next summer. I know that I can't have it all but I am getting the feeling that I am on the cusp of getting most of what I want.

With all that said there is still a lot of expectations that need to be managed...I haven'y gotten the job yet. And as much as I think I would be a great asset to their program, they might not. Sooooo, I am hoping to get the job not expecting it.

For those of you whom have been going through this process with me these past couple days, thank your for your support, prayers and best wishes.

hopefully WINNING,
APKilla

No comments: