Thursday, July 10, 2008

...livin the dream...and all that it entails!

The day began at 6:10 am, groggy and not so eager to drag myself out of bed, I crept into the kitchen started the coffee. As I began the day the only place I wanted to be was back in my bed, but I sucked it up and began my morning travel to school to take my third anatomy and physiology test. The morning had this gloom and doom feel to it, I felt slightly unprepared and nervous, but I had to git 'er done. As the test finished I really didn't have any feeling about it, other than it was done. As the day progressed it seemed to start to resemble the bright sun that was beating down on it, I was laughing in class and had plans to ride some rollercoasters. As I sit here and process the day and my summer I wonder where the time has gone. From that story I will quickly move into why I feel like I am living the dream.

Welp...here it goes...this summer I have spent my time playing softball friday nights, tuesday and thursday mornings in anatomy and physiology class(argh), afternoons by the pool, happy hour with friends, random weekends celebrating wedding nuptials, dinners with mom, tennis with dad, moving into the most baller apartment(with the most amazing friend), holidays in the mountains with lots o laughter, building friendships with people who make me laugh and think, and filling in the rest of the time with work(which I actually enjoy). As I look back at the great moments and the bad moments, I have to say that the great moments have blown away the bad. I realized that I worry more than I thought...which is very apparent in my body...which is wound so tight that my muscles hurt. I wish that I could trust that everything will work out, but I am lacking that thing that allows me to let "it" go. What "it" is changes most days, and "it" becomes stuff that I ignore and then it builds upon itself and eventually becomes overwhelming. Soooooo, in writing this blog I have realized that I have drifted from the core of who I am that allows me to have the ability to have perspective. Funny how writing things out can allow you to have an "a-ha" moment. I am hoping that my "a-ha" moment leads to a pursuit of the things that allow me to be free of the crap that I let get me down.

Despite the ending of this utterly too long blog....I am living the dream, just slightly interrupted by waking moments drenched in reality...but reality is good...it keeps us aware of our needs.

blog to you later,
Ashley

1 comment:

J. Lo said...

"'A-ha' moment"? You are going to be a fabulous teacher!