Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On the Brink of Breakdown.....

2008 is supposed to be great...but as I jump into the thick of my 25th year, I am not so sure predictions were right. I had made all these proclamations that this year was going to be my year and that everything was going to fall into place. But rather than thriving I feel as though I am only surviving. I guess I could sit here and blame the economy, my family, my friends, my job, too little time or too much to do, whatever the excuse the reality remains. The reality is that I have displacing my feelings and ignoring them, which has led to ignoring so much more in my life. I have neglected my family, friends, God, and ME! I think I have forgotten how to take of myself. I feel so far removed from who I am that I am afraid that I have lost some of who I am. Maybe I haven't lost anything...maybe this is just a season marked by tribulations. TRIBULATIONS SUCK, but they are shaping of my character, at least I hope.

Where I fall short and weak, I know and trust(sometimes) that my creator will step in and fill the void...if I allow him(I guess that is the key). Here's to a tough season, but one that isn't without its great moments.

Blog to later...and hopeful for a light at the end of the tunnel.
Ashley

No comments: