Friday, April 2, 2010

Adventures in Student Teaching

At the urging of one particular person, I am forced, coerced into updating my blog. I have many things to talk about, but the most topic that occupies 90% of my thoughts is Student teaching. I am in my 1oth week, with 6 more to go...yikes. I can give the highlights of my time with the littles(elementary) and then swiftly move on to my experience with the middle school crazies.

Littles(moments of laughter or confusion):

Cody(first grader) gyrates his hips near a friends head(unbeknownst to himself or his friend) because his excitement to play star wars tag overfloweth. I could not continue to teach I was laughing so hard.

Kindergartener Kaden wipes a booger on my hand, on purpose. How does one respond to that, unsure but this is what I did. "Kaden, take that off my hand and let's go wash our hands and talk about it." The teacher who observed this act of rebellion said she would have lost it and that I was too nice...I was just confused, not nice, I was in disbelief that stuff like that happens.

As we move to the middle school I am struck with a whole new set of concerns...these kids can't read. What am I to do? Still processing that one.

Till next time,
McBalla

I guess that wasn't so hard to do...enjoy!



2 comments:

J. Lo said...

Thank you.

Now I won't have to wipe boogers on you while you sleep anymore.

Janette said...

lol, you are going to be the best mom!