Sunday, April 25, 2010

How do we know if it spring?

Well, I don't know how you know if it is Spring but I can tell you how I know it is Spring.
First off, mother nature is unpredictable, one moment she is sunny and warm the next cold and downcast...just like a good woman. Secondly, once mother nature has gotten her stuff together she begins to spring forth new foliage in colors that I am unaccustomed to, for I have already forgotten last Spring. The yellows, pinks and greens are only the start...I begin to see people bloom as well. Sun kissed cheeks, freckled bodies revealed in new spring and summer wardrobes to show off the stems that have long missed the light of the day. Eyes shaded by bright colored sunglasses whose purpose of protection is less apparent than the effort for stylistic expression.

This spring I have seen people in my life make huge decisions about life, to me this symbolizes our ability to let God wreck and ravage our lives, only to bring up new blossoms of things more beautiful and glorious. It is spring in my life, although my heart is clinging to the winter months, I am hopeful for the deep thaw that only come from my creator. I am ready to bloom and be seen by the world as a creature that is a product of the Spring...the everlasting Spring that can endure all the seasons.

I know, deep thoughts about the seasonal change, but it stems from my desire for change in my own life.
Take it or leave the underdog is ready to be on top.

APK

3 comments:

J. Lo said...

Isn't it "Hate it or love it the underdog's on top"?

Misadventures of MEEEE! said...

You know i am always misquoting things..."Hate it or Love it , the underdog's ready to be on top"
-Apkilla

Caleb and Amy said...

"You know I'm always misquoting things." Hahahaaaaaaa hilarious! But, I LOVE this, Ash. I love reading it! So true! And I desire that so much, too! And for you!! Weeeee!