Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weddings, Weddings and More Weddings

Welp team, just finished up with my third wedding of the year, only two more to go. I have to admit that I am fairly fond of the wedding...call it a guilty pleasure. I love going to them especially when I have somewhat invested myself in the success of that particular relationship. This last wedding was FABULOUS, in part due to its extravagance, and in part because I love the couple so dang much. I loved watching two families become united, loved watching new friendships being formed, loved watching two people sacrifice for one another. There are so many reasons why I love weddings and one reason that I realized this weekend was that love is powerful, I got to watch a couple who had been married 58 years interact, it was moving. Call it a girl thing, but there is something to be said for watching a young man cry at the site of his bride, the best moments are the tender moments in which a MAN tends to the needs of his wife, girlfriend, daughter, sister or mother. In a world where I have been disappointed in the males in my life I was thrust into this hope for the future, that there are good men out there wanting to love good women.

So, like I said, I love me a good wedding. As I gear up for the rest of my weddings I am encouraged by the love that I see in so many of my friends for their partners. Plus, there is nothing more fun than having everyone (young and old) rocking the Thriller dance.

Peace, love and an occasional piece of cake
APKilla

No comments: