Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Undeclared!!!

Welp folks, it is official I am done with school and all that it entails. I have been procrastinating on all fronts these past few weeks. Why? Well, I don't want things to change. Or maybe I want the change to be so drastic that I am scared that it might actually happen. I was thinking a moment ago how I have spent a larger portion of my life in college, and for all of that time I had declared a major, a mission, or fun. And now as a two time graduate I am thinking about what to declare next, no doubt it won't be a major but the idea of a life mission sounds intriguing and scary. Could I go the rest of my life "Undeclared", probably, but that seems a little aimless and non-committal. So, as I sit here and look at job opportunities, my dwindling bank account and my future, I wonder what to declare, what line I am going to draw in the sand, what stake in life I am going to claim. For today, right now, I declare myself, UNDECIDED but in pursuit of a mission and a whole lot of fun. I will, however, note that I will always declare my life as not mine and dealing with the ramifications that I am not always in charge is in radical opposition to where my heart is now. So the hope and the dream, to move into a space where declarations are made with the trust and belief that I am going to be loved, cared for and well.

Thanks for following the ride, thing are about to roll and that makes me nervous,
APKilla

1 comment:

J. Lo said...

I'm proud of you, APK! Now finish watching Felicity before all the change happens.