Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Something is the air....

I am feeling so fresh and clean(clean). Maybe it is the recent shower I just took, the crisp air outside or the stirring in my heart for something new....or maybe it is a combination of all those things wrapped up in a neat(but also sometimes messy) little package called life. So my last blog talked about this incident in which there was some major shifting in my life. Looking at me you might not notice this shift, but it is there. I had also mentioned that I had some things that were going well in life and I would be withholding some vital information if I didn't get to the point soon.
For the past month or so my younger brother I have been discussing our master plot to take over the world.

THE PLOT: '"Guide students toward adventure so that they may participate in a global community"

MEANING: Putting healthy adults in high school students lives so that they might impact them in a way that allows a student to see and access their potential.

TARGET: Students who are at risk of failing high school and not going to graduate in Denver Public Schools.

HOW: We are still figuring out this piece but a part of it looks like taking these at risk students on trip abroad, so that they might get a greater picture of the world that they can impact.

WHEN: NOW...meaning we are talking with our friends and family to get connected to the right people to get this off the ground.

WHY: Because there is need that isn't being met and we feel it is our responsibility to help shape our future world.

We are calling this organization Freemind Adventures. We believe that we all play a role in our world and we make choices everyday that shape that world, to not step into the adventure that the world has to offer and offer what you have to the world would be tragic.

I am excited to start something that I feel is important and relevant. My hope is that I will not grow weary or that in weariness I can persevere. In the meantime I am going to pursue my calling as a teacher and pursue Freemind Adventures on the side. This is nerve-wracking but all important things in life call us to some sort of discomfort.

So, Giddy Up!!!
APKilla

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! That is a great idea and you will persevere in spite of your weariness... What a great idea to travel with them abroad.

What about some sponsorships or scholarships and/or both. I am sure you guys are way past this point...but wow. I admire that you dream/go big APKilla!!!

J. Lo said...

YES.