Friday, February 4, 2011

Free Coffee, Free Food, Free Time

((Sigh)), Glorious is the day, the full day spent off...off work, off the grid(as much as one can be), off to play. Yesterday I had the entire day to spend however I wanted...and I did, spend it in good company from start to finish, filled with laughter and good food, plus free coffee.

I am a typical sleeper-inner, I enjoy time in my warm, cozy bed while the rest of world is bustling about in the sub-freezing temperatures, but I had made plans with a dear friend for breakfast so the bed must be vacated. I met one, Parker Boone, at Lucile's(a favorite spot of mine) to share a meal and life. This man is such a gem, I am so thankful that he is a friend and that he looks out for me...and that we can always say the inappropriate things that go through our heads. I love Parker for lots of things, but my favorite quality is his generosity, ever time we go out he never lets me pay. Parker doesn't do this because he has all the money in the world or because he is such a gentleman, but rather this is his way of loving those around him. Thank you friend...next time let's get beneigts (sp).

From there I braved the freezing temps and walked around the lovely Wash Park. After burning off my morning grub I quickly got myself together and heading to Boulder(the Peoples Republic of).

As I am jammin' out to one tune after another an idea strikes...I should see if mamacita can join me for lunch or vice versa. One call made and JACKPOT...not only do I get to have lunch with my mother, I get my Aunt Nancy too. Talk about 2 for the price of 1...another free meal, are you starting to see the theme of the day. Normally, I would head over to Pearl Street and get my internet on but I decided to go shopping instead(hence the off the grid). Thankfully every place I went to (sans Target) was either too expensive or the clothing just look horrible on me. Phew, dodged a bullet there. After sometime wandering around and peeking in here and there, I decided it was time to head over to my beloved Stocktons casa. BUT, I must grab some coffee, so I stop in at Einsteins, and the sweet girl behind the counter gave me a free cup of coffee...such a blessing.

Once I had arrived at the Stockton casa, I was a virtual chatter box....going on and on about the most ridiculous things, stumbling and stammering my words. I guess I just wanted them to hear everything. They cooked me wonderful tacos with chips and salsa, along with coin style margaritas. To top off the night, Jenny, baked tres leches cupcakes. (sidenote: Jenny has a cupcake project that you should check out... Give Cupcakes, http://givecupcakes.blogspot.com/)

All in all, glorious day, three free meals, one free cup of coffee and time spent laughing with good people who love me.

(Free food doesn't always= glorious day for me, but rather those who spend time eating the food with me)

Excited for another day of free...
APK

4 comments:

Caleb and Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caleb and Amy said...

I seem to remember a pretty great phone conversation that topped of your night...maybe you were so drunk on your day of FREE that you didn't even know we talked.

Misadventures of MEEEE! said...

Sorry Amy...sorry. it was great to talk to you...now I want sit next to you and laugh hysterically

Kim said...

I love Luciles. Let's venture there together sometime. Can we invite Parker so he can pay for me too?

I kid...