Friday, July 24, 2009

Aventure Costa Rica...Day 5

Well, well, well...Today I felt like I was in my personal episode of LOST. I went hiking through the cloud forest with a French woman, I felt like at any moment a polar bear was going to pop out or maybe I could be swallowed by some black smoke. Minus Dr. Jack Shepard the jungle was pretty incredible, though it would be hard to live in that kind of climate for long. After the hike the french woman and I had lunch, ice cream and some souvenir shoppping. One of the things that is kinda irritating is that there are a lot of couples traveling together, which is cute but not good for my sense of independence. I am hopeful that my time at the beach will be good, I feel that I can be more independent, or at least be more social with others...I am hoping that there will be more people(that aren´t travelling with their partenr) at the beach.

BTW...I went on a coffee tour...it was so nice to have someone tell about what is going on, I have been doing things on my own for awhile so I keep making my own version of things.

Things that I have been doing to keep myself ooccupied during travel:
  1. Eavesdrop on converstation...even if it is in a foreign tongue it is still intriguing plus I get to make up what they are talking about(which usually revolves around me, though they are most likely talking about the scenery)
  2. Read
  3. Practice my spanish with the locals....they think I am an idiot. I have had two real fun conversations(in english) with some locals.
  4. Looking at my guide book, sometimes it is okay to look like a tourist becuase then people help you

Things that have freaked me out:

  1. I had dream all last night that people were breaking into the dorm room to steal my stuff.
  2. Two men from the Netherlands in their underwear...accidentally woke up while they were dressing...men in striped undies, kinda funny-kinda weird.

On my way to the beach tomorrow, pray for a place to stay and safe travel...haven´t gotten all the deats work out yet.

see ya in 17 dias,

APKilla

2 comments:

J. Lo said...

I will pray for you. Have fun at the beach!

j said...

imn praying for safety too. and no dorm lootings!

also- i love drums.