Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Adventure Costa Rica....long days, short weeks

Well Team, I have summed up my days for you but rarely have I given you my thoughts about this trip. Last night I was struck with the thought that despite what age, nationality, race, etc there is a striving in all of us that just wants to be liked for who we are. But in that pursuit sometimes we become less and less of who we truly are. In thinking about this I hope that I strive more and more to be me, wholly, without regard with how I am recieved. I also hope that I can run more and more into people who are striving to be themselves at any cost, at the cost of not being liked. I find it desperately sad that we fear not being liked, because I can´t imagine a world where being free to be ourselves isn´t the most attractive quality a person could offer. So, as I continue to travel I will continue to strive to be the most true me(though at times I still figuring who that is), and not to only strive for that but trust that is going to be the most attractive to the people I meet and from that fruitful relationships will be born.

My hope is that everyone feels the freedom to be themselves, truly and wholly.

can I get an Amen.


see you shortly...
APK