Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Four Boys, 3 weeks with BFF, 2 months in Denver and a girl as happy as could be!

Let's start this story off right....I just moved into the most amazing house with four boys, I have never lived with boys so it poses some interesting situations. First being, what does one wear from the bathroom to bedroom after a shower when I have to cross through the living room while they play halo or watch The Wire: solution....walk around naked and tell them they are crazy and that I have been wearing a towel the whole time, actual solution: nice pink robe. Second interesting situation(has nothing to do with my roommates but plenty with being naked), I have no curtains on my window and we have neighbors....what should one do: get curtains. What does Ashley do: she gets dressed regardless, scandalous I know, but I am only going to live there for two months and there is no way I am going to invest in curtains. Besides, I am sure no one has caught me yet. Those are the only interesting situations to date, but be sure there will be more and they will most likely involve nakedness. Now, more important news....ROAD TRIP 2010!!!

Vancouver/Pacific NW/ N. Cali or BUST!
On Monday, my long time friend Janette flies into DIA to spend three weeks with me, two of which will be spent on the road figuring out our futures, flirting with truckers and experiencing all that America has to offer us. We have no plans other than we are heading towards Vancouver, if we make it, the future is still unclear. People of the NW brace yourselves for the Ashnette hurricane. I am excited for the adventure that lays ahead...I just hope my little Chevy Corsica can handle the open road as well as she rocks the streets of Denver. And when we return to Denver, that leaves me with one month of time with family and friends before I start another chapter in life.

Adventure SLO!
San Luis Obispo...nestled in the heart of the Central Coast of California. Somehow, I have become this girl that craves adventure, something new and fullness of life. So, with that said I have decided to move to California with my epic friend Kahle..."do you have a teaching job out there?" has been the most commonly asked question, to which I reply, "Nope". In my logical mind this next step to move seems a little crazy and the anxiety that I sometimes feel confirms that notion. But then I am reminded, so poignantly by a close friend, that my job is not to pursue a career but to pursue my life. I have no misgivings that this might be really hard and lonely, but then I think of my safety net...my loving friends and family who are supportive of my step into lunacy. So I throw caution to the wind and say..."Life, here I come, get ready, its time to play"
I am still in process about this adventure, but what better time to do it, I am free as a bird and the world is my oyster. If anything, I will become a more interesting(I know, hard to believe it can better than this) person with more to offer the ones I love.

Suffice it to say I am a lucky duck with sunshine at my back, adventure in my veins, joy in my heart and a smile on my lips. I expect big things. Tune in to see how the adventure unfolds, or to see the breakdown begin.

FULL,
APKilla

1 comment:

Caleb and Amy said...

I'm so proud of you and SO excited to walk through these adventures with you!