Thursday, April 21, 2011

Brotherly Love...Adventures in

As most of you know I spent the last weekend in the city of Brotherly Love. I am happy to say that the love was felt, but I did not fall in love with any brothers. I spent the weekend in good conversation, good food and good old fashion fun. I went to Philadelphia to visit three of a my favorite people in the whole wide world: Amy and Caleb Nothwehr and Janelle Anema. I think a play by play of the weekend might leave you sleeping face down on your computer with drool covering your keyboard, so I will give you the highlights...bulleted(because I am being lazy)

-Dinner @ Earth, Manakeesh, and the Nothwehrs.
-Cheesesteaks @ Carmines @ Reading Station
-Watching "Grown Ups", the movie was not a highlight, but that we watched it(period)
-Cartwheels in the Constitutional Mall(belly laughs)
-NERTS(Z)
-Watching Amy/Cindy rock the soccer field
-Dios te Bendigas
-Continual Conversation with Janelle till 2 in the morning
-Girl talk Luncheon
-Mtg new peeps
-MATT WERTZ!!!!!!

I am thankful for the time that I got to spend with these people, I realized how much JOY that they bring me and the freedom that their friendship affords me. I am also thankful for the people that have taken care of them in my absence, I feel like a proud mama watching her children grown up and do the things that they are created to do.

I trust that the good Lord takes cares of us in specific ways and I got to see how He is doing that with my friends. Life is truly blessed when you can laugh about goobery singer/songwriters and get lost and end up in Jersey.

Wishing for more times like this,
APK

1 comment:

Caleb and Amy said...

Hahhaha yes!!!! So much fun!!! Come back so we can have more times like this. Maybe next time we won't end up in Jersey. :)