Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Girl, Interrupted..grrr.

Yoga...a break from reality and a destination that I so commonly crave. Corepower Yoga...expensive but totally worth the dolla dolla bills, especially on a Monday night with the gloriously sexy and nice yoga instructor. We will call him hot sexy yogapants(only because I don't want anyone to rat me out to him). Not only is Hot sexy yogapants everything his title claims but he is actually a pretty decent instructor. I enjoy going to his class for multiple reasons, first being HIM, second being that it is usually beginners who are learning and improving and lastly because I can come in whatever condition and work it out on the mat. That is why I love my Monday night. I must admit that I started going because a friend told me about Hot sexy yogapants, and I keep going because of him and the workout I get. I must also admit that sometimes he makes me very nervous and sometimes I giggle like a third grader with a crush when I see him in upward dog...((sigh))...nothing else to say about that. Let me get to the point of my story.

This Monday I had to work but I got off extremely early and was able to rush over and get in some mat time. Everything was going as normal, then I glanced over to my right and saw a little yogi(I think she was an instructor), I normally check out the crowd just to see if, duh, there are any other cute, sexy yoga men there. But as we are getting into the flow this little yogi keeps grabbing my attention, which, of course is not the point...but sister kept doing harder moves and bending like a fricken pretzel that I was starting to get competitive. Also, not the point. Let's get real here...if you rock at yoga you should be going to more advanced classes to get the most out of the practice, you should not be coming to beginning level classes to show off. I don't mind the advanced yogi dropping in to get back to basics but please don't be doing handstands to show off how cool you are. To say the least I was distracted, and I felt like telling this little yogi..."Go bend yourself in half in another class, please(trying to keep with the yoga spirit)", but I proceeded with the flow.

NOW: Some self realization:
My intention was to feel strong and I left feeling defeated. My problem, alas, lies in my need to compete with others and the need to do things well. So when I saw little yogi knocking it out of the park I got jealous that I wasn't rocking it. Instead of showing myself no judgment, I let myself get caught up with the things that I go to yoga to get freedom from...boo.

My behind is real sore because of the whole ordeal...maybe a reminder that it isn't about the B.S. that I made it about. Still giggled a butt, I mean a bit.

Interrupted, unintentionally
APK

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Don't compare. It's deadly. You are beautiful and awesome and I love you.

Caleb and Amy said...

Get that sore booty on the plane and come to Philly already! See you in a few hours...eeeeee!!!!!