Friday, April 29, 2011

A new thing

In the past few weeks things have been stirring in my life. I have been ask to help out at this cafe as an assistant volunteer coordinator. This particular cafe helps feed those who can't afford a meal. I have had a handful of experiences there already that have made me remember that this year is about seeking joy. When I get a chance to give a healthy, satisfying meal to a man who hasn't eaten in three days, something inside of me says thank you Jesus....thank you for providing for me, thank you that I get the chance to share my life with good people and thank you for opportunities to not focus on myself. And though I am still working at the Washington Park Grille and not teaching I am evaluating what I really want to do next. YES, getting a real job and paying down my debt and students loans sounds appealing, so does working real hard for the next 12 months so that I can travel for 6 months. So the question is, how can I do a little of both. Thoughts of moving home with my Mom has crossed my mind, but I just can't justify living in Niwot when my life is in Denver. So, the goal in the next couple of months is to figure out how I can live more cheaply than I am now and how I can make more money than I am now. Sounds like an easy equation but in all honesty I don't want to sacrifice my freedom....I want my cake and to eat too. Another thing that I am excited about is that I will be watching a coworkers son one day a week. I am real excited about this because Avon(the kiddo) is absolutely adorable and I get to help the mom and dad out(bonus!)

To say the last year has been great would be an absolute lie, but what I have learned about myself in the process has been invaluable.
Summer in the city is here and to say that this chick is excited is an understatement....it is positively my favorite time in Denver. I cannot wait to share my adventures with you. Stay dialed in.

A new thing is here,
APK

No comments: