Friday, January 14, 2011

Joyful Moment Today

Today I had the pleasure of babysitting for my manager(from the WPG), her daughter Finley has simply stolen the heart of many where we work. Her giggles and talking are constantly filling the spaces in which we fill with nonsense...and though we can't always understand her, what she has to offer seems more important than anything we might have to say. I think kids are often like that. Today as I battled(meaning I let Finley cry it out) to get her to sleep I was struck with enormity of motherhood and thankful to let mama take over....I get the good of Finners...mama and dada get the bad and the ugly. With that said here is my joyful moment...I, in my infinite babysitting wisdom thought it could interesting if I pretended to be asleep, maybe Finley would join in the fun. But she simply put her small hand on my knee and whispered "Ashy", to which I whispered "yeah?", slowly peeked through my eyelids and looked at that angelface to see her whisper "Hi" and then smile her toothy grin.
Ahhhhhh, good great scott, joyful moment.

So thank you AMH for sharing your daughter with me/us, she is a gem and a blessing for which I am thankful for.

((sigh)),
APKilla

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Pretend you're asleep!