Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Seeking Joyful Moments

When I thought writing this blog I wanted to be sure what the meaning of joy meant, so I looked joy up in the dictionary... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joy , please check it out.
My favorite definition was...
the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying.
Great delight in something satisfying sounds like the type of year I want to have. I have tasted joy and I know that satisfaction is the most important ingredient, I say this only because it speaks of a peace and knowledge that what you are experiencing is good and complete. While I pursue passions and life this year I hope to find satisfaction in the grandiose and the simple. I want to see that I am blessed beyond my knowledge, I am loved and cared by many, and I am full of potential. Potential moments in delight, potential experiences, potential impact and potential for something exceptionally satisfying. I don't want to even imagine what these things might look like or how my world will inevitably change from this new mindset. As I sit in a semi-favorite coffeeshop( I say semi, only because people are rude here sometimes...not joyful) I get filled with the dreams of my future...starting a school, changing the world, falling in love(with some hot man with an accent or more in love with who I am), family(however that looks) and being contented with life. Altogether a joyful moment. Put that one in the books...next stop my comfy cozy apartment with some lovely things to eat and warm cuddly clothes to wear. Overuse of the word joy in this post was only to drive home the point that happiness isn't the goal...JOY is, though linked somewhat separated by our ability to be satisfied in our happiness. I hope for these types of moments for all of you!!! Get after it and share it(joy).

smiling(possibly joy, or gas, you decide)
APKILLA

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You always make me laugh out loud, Miss K. Love it. And love you!