Thursday, January 20, 2011

I can't make this stuff up...

Normally I wouldn't care to write about work, but last night felt like it needed some attention. Not because it was a spectacular evening, just two odd things that made me laugh...laugh hard.

Let me set the stage for you....The evening had begun as usual, setting up the restaurant, joking around with the regulars at the bar...deciding whether the night was going to be fruitful or not. Other things that I should mention are the restaurant is perfectly lit, the fireplace is roaring and the snow is falling softly outside, all in all we were poised for a night of cute couples celebrating each other and the overall splendor of the winter. It was a virtual winter wonderland, warm and cozy, ready for romance. Is that the kind of night we had.....oh hell no. First off I didn't have any customers for two hours, then this family came in. The young boy was nothing short of trouble, making all kinds of noise...basically a public nuisance. As the night progressed I found out that this kids parents let him take a nap ON THE GROUND in between two tables. I try not to throw judgments around, but let's get real, the germs that are on a carpeted floor in a restaurant, blech!! I wasn't even aware of this atrocity till after the fact, but I seriously wanted to tell the mom to take her kid to get tested for all kinds of things. This is right before the Princess of Darkness entered with her black velvet cloak/cape. First off, black velvet with red satin lining is never a good look regardless of what the garment looks like and secondly, I wasn't sure if I should hide because I might get bitten or hide because a spell was going to be cast upon me. To tell you the truth there were many jokes flying about like owls at Hogwarts. I think there were mentions of bloody mary's and bread and blooder...I mean butter. I was happy and relieved when they decided to leave and go back to whatever fantastical land they came from...not doubt it has elves, orcs, talking trees, pumpkin juice, werewolves and possibly a shire. Suffice it to say we live in an amazing world where we are allowed to get away with the most ridiculous clothing....I am glad I never anything silly, sans elementary and junior high(I was a wreck-fashionably speaking).

Anywho, almost peed my pants...I love my life.
APKilla

2 comments:

Kim said...

The only part I thought you made up was the part about it snowing... I don't remember this ever happening.

Also, was the girl with the cape the one that just left the Bachelor? She is from Colorado...

Jenny said...

Great job setting the scene - you're a good writer.