Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Groceries and more

Last night was the first time that I had actually stepped into a grocery store to actually buy things to put in my fridge since my roadtrip in July...out of control. I have no real good excuse for this, other than I was lazy. But listening to my body's need for real vegetables, fruits and cheeses I stole away to the nearest Whole Foods. To preface this misadventure, I pride myself in the ability to have self restraint at Whole Paycheck, but this time I went bonkers. Shopping for one person is proving to be a little difficult, only because I have no back up to help out with the entire watermelon that I just bought. Words of wisdom: Don't buy things you don't necessarily love just because it is real cheap($2.99), especially when that thing is a whole watermelon. So, on with the adventure, I stepped into the store with thoughts of getting a handful of items so that I am not just eating cereal for the rest of my life, but with all of the yummy goodness set out before me, one could hardly resist. Self-control is overrated anyway. As I beebop down aisle after aisle I am being conscience of what I need and don't need, and I calmly put back the non-necessities, like Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia. But as fate would have it, the cheese aisle slams me with the "under $3" basket, it calls out to me in that subtle whisper that says "you want me". So I answer the call...Hello cherry cheddar, where have you been all my life. I can't wait to have you with some crackers and wine...how 'bout a date, oh you want to bring your friends brie and havarti. Ok, but only if you include hatch chili pepper jack. Suffice it to say I cracked like an egg on Easter Sunday...but there was no way out. So my fridge is full of cheese saying...Wine and Cheese night, asap. Yes, please. After my overindulgence in the dangerous dairy, I quickly darted to the check out line...safe and sound. Here is another reason why I love Whole Foods...the check out boys are typically cute and down to flirt...it really is just the perfect way to end your shopping experience.
I get home, unload my treats and start to cut up my watermelon. I realize that watermelon, though very fun on hot summer picnics, is not something I really want to eat for every meal for the rest of the month...the only regret from my adventure at WF. C'est la Vie.

You are cordially invited to a Watermelon Party, come help a sister out,
APKilla

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously...sistah...the watermelon is a HUGE problem. We cannot even finish one here and we are a family of 4.

Julie said...

I will buy the wine! I want to see your new place soon.

J. Lo said...

I'd like to come over for wine and cheese and watermelon. When, dammit, when?! :)

Caleb and Amy said...

Tell me how your French grammar was perfect here? Did you use google translate? I wish I could come over for some cheese. I miss your cooking.