Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home, Sweet, Fort Collins

Ahhhhhhh, is the sound I made as I nestled on a rock in the middle of the Poudre River just North of Fort Collins. I was able to get the next two nights off, so I made the decision to drive up to FOCO to catch up with some people. When I say people, I mean the best people on the face of the planet...they know exactly what to say to me when I need a good word or two. But since everyone in my life has a regular 9 to 5 I had some time to myself, so I drove up the Canyon, rocking out to my favorite songs and ready to recharge the batteries. I stumbled upon this great spot with a dam(made by actual beavers) and tons of rocks waiting for me to take advantage of. So I pulled out my journal, Bible and book and started to enjoy the afternoon. Sometimes there is nothing more enjoyable than knowing you have nothing waiting for you so that you can get into whatever needs getting into. I caught some rays, listened to the water swirl around my tootsies and let the world wash over me. It was excellent, I really need to make these moments happen more often. And as I sit in one of the coffee shops that I frequented in college I let the familiarity fill in the gaps of uncertainty in my life, and then I sigh, because I am blessed beyond belief. I made a list of things that I consider a blessing some of them were silly like...good hair and then others were so significant, like freedom to live my life as I choose. If I ever complain about how bad I have just tell me to brush my straight, never cavitied teeth and get over it.

Off to spend time with the best of the best,
APKilla