Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm a big kid now...

Hey team....

I have finally moved into my first place as a grown adult or at least a semi-responsible kid. Since I began college in 2001, I have had 21 separate roommates, all of whom I have loved, but it is time to live alone...yikes. Being the social butterfly that I am, living alone goes against my desire to be with people constantly. In thinking about those implications I shudder at the thought that I am about two shakes away from eating a box of Ho-Hos and getting thirteen cats. Living alone speaks to one of my biggest fears in life...that I will end up alone, and that I will be the crazy lady on the block that you warn your kids about. SO, I am either on my way to becoming the crazy cat lady or on my way to becoming more cool...it really is a toss up.

My adventures in new apartmenthood are:

I bought bread with the intentions of making toast in the morning...I don't own a toaster. With this I have needed to make a list of things that I never had because one of my 21 other roommates provided. (sidenote: I need a microwave, called mom, she has three...who in there right mind has three microwaves....foreshadowing of my future...maybe I won't have cats, I'll be the crazy lady with a millions microwaves. BTW- I love my Mom...love you ma!!!).

I live 3 blocks from a cute coffeeshop( I say cute because the Baristos are cute, one of them made a heart in my latte, I said "ah, how special." To which he replied "For a special girl." Damn I am such a sucker...)

I live five blocks from one of my favorite marrieds(Megan and Santiago), I envision wine and tapas a lot.

Other signs of impending adulthood...
I went bank shopping(not happy with the current one)
Started listening to NPR
I have started to referring to myself as "having my shit together"- that might be a false sense of self.
I currently participate in a Book Club(we read mostly young adult fiction though)

Welp, I think the jury is out on whether or not I am actually a full grown adult, but I can safely say that adult or not I love my life and can't wait for the next adventure.

Rollin' Solo
APKilla

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOT WOOT!!! Love the "Rollin' Solo YOU". I am cool with cats. So if you become a crazy cat lady you can hang with me and Bridg.

J. Lo said...

I love that your mom has three microwaves - and I want to come see! Will you let me know when I'm invited? (I'm free a lot next week...)

Misadventures of MEEEE! said...

Reyna...you and Bridg are perfect compliments to all the cats and microwaves...

Jenny...anytime...I will call you to formally invite you.