Monday, September 13, 2010

Mission Accomplished

I am finally settling into the nooks and crannies of my new neighborhood and apartment, so much so that I spent Sunday watching movies...I am not even going to tell you how many movies I watched for fear of judgement. But I did, however, watch them in rapid succession. The gem that I re-watched was Steel Magnolias...such a quality flick, when I get old I hope that I have the sass that the character Weezer beholds...can't wait to be a grade A, grouchy bitch. Part of my mission this past weekend was to purchase some sexy dancing shoes, go dancing in them and possibly get kissed!!!
I can easily say that mission accomplished. Friday, prior to the actual going out, I went to Ross, DSW, and Nordstrom Rack(btw, whomever decided it was good idea to put them in such close proximity had no clue that I have such low self-restraint) to buy the necessary items to get said missions accomplished. First...I found the most sexy black wedges, so appropriate for shaking my bon bon and allowing me to feel like I own the town, then I found three very adorable/sassy dresses to wear out on my night of shenanigans. So I confidently rolled home with a few less dollars I began getting ready....I felt like a million bucks. Then we were off to The Living Room....yes it is an actual place on Broadway. It was awesome and here is why...This place has a very unique wine dispensing machine. Basically, you put a certain amount of money on a credit type card, then you put the card into the machine and choose your wine, it will then dispense an ounce of that wine into your glass. The wines are priced based upon how much they are a bottle, obviously I went for the ones that I could get more for my money. When my card had emptied of the cash I put on it I took it over to my cocktail waitress(who was the absolute best) and told that it was at zero....at this news she got real excited and said "I get to buy you a glass of wine". YAHOO! So I picked out a Malbec, turns out this particular wine is $200, oh so yummy. OMG, I got so lucky. Now that the party is feeling a little frisky it is time to get our dance on, thankfully we were across the street from VINYL(5 stories of half dressed, shaking bodies...yes please). Shake it like a salt shaker I did and thank you VINYL for the beautiful rooftop patio that was so perfect to end the evening. So, like I said mission accomplished. I had a blast and can't wait to wear the shoes again. In the words of Forrest Gump..."Mama said they were my magic shoes"...please come out for the next magical evening.

Wish you were there,
APKilla

4 comments:

Kim said...

ummmm, how could you leave your readers hanging without answering the question we're all dying to know... did you get kissed on said rooftop?

Misadventures of MEEEE! said...

a lady never kisses and tells...at least not publicly.

Unknown said...

Yeah...I was wondering the answer to Kim's question too.

J. Lo said...

BAHAHAHA! Grade A Grouchy Bitch. I love it. And you. And also, you always kiss and tell publicly - what gives?