Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reader Rabbit

Yesterday I picked up one of my old favorite books, The Red Tent, primarily because the other book I was reading sucked. I needed a distraction from the horrible writing and impossibly hard to understand plot and dove into the world of Dinah, the daughter of Jacob....it is biblical fiction and I RUV it. It took me 7 hours to read the entire book, four hours before work and three hours after work. It inspired me to finish this other book, not even worth mentioning because it was so bad. So in the past two days, instead of getting my pasty self outside in the glorious weather, I spent hours in my bed reading. I think I might have to take a break for the time being and put myself out there in the land of the living. I am however taking suggestions for epic tales to read during my upcoming trips to Philly and California.

In other news I have decided to run the Bolder Boulder with some friends, and thus begins my training for the 10k, I am in need of a slow running partner to keep me honest. My goal is to run the race in under 70 mins, so begins the journey. Have I told you that I hate running, I really do, but I need a goal, something to chase after(pun most definitely intended).

Peace, love and reading,
APK

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Can I borrow that book now? Also, I'm going to run the Bolder Boulder! And I'm slow! Let's be buddies!

Janette said...

I love that book! For a short read, for a short trip, have you read Little Bee??