Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Running on Empty

I was trying to think of a song title that aptly describes my new foray into the wide world of running. running on empty seemed the most appropriate, only because I never want to go running, and thus it always seems hard to muster the energy. Nevertheless, I am getting it done, however, slowly.

Soooo, I have this goal of running the Bolder Boulder in under 70 mins, it calculates out to about 11 1/2 minute miles, so I ventured out on the streets of Denver on Monday for 70 mins...4 mins of which I think were actually spent running(no exaggeration). Am I frustrated with myself and my being utterly out of shape...you betcha. You might wonder how a physical education teacher might be so out of shape...well the answer my good friends is: LAZINESS. I hate running and it makes my body hurt, but I do think it has some benefit. So in my attempt to get in shape I am going to train to run the Bolder Boulder and I am purchasing a Corepower Yoga pass for the next three months. I don't want to confuse you by allowing you to think that I am focused on weight loss, because I am not, I just want my body to feel energetic, healthy and strong...if weight loss coincides with that endeavor, great. In the past few years I have wanted to deemphasize the focus on my body image and focus on being healthy. With that said I haven't weighed myself in 2 years...good or bad, and for that I am thankful because I have been able to pay attention to how I feel rather than what the scale says. Amen to that.

As I say these things out loud, I am looking for people to encourage me in these pursuits, as well as, help me combat the laziness that so easily creeps into my life.

Peace, love, and body aches and pains
APKiller

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I would like to run with you.